Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wow... Its been a long time - Emily

I guess I could start off with a couple of excuses about how long its been since we've (I've) written. But I won't. I've been busy rushing and then pledging for a sorority and Bri has been writing another blog for a class. We've been going out, staying in, and having too much fun. I guess I should highlight the past three (?) weeks for you all.


I attempted to write about how formal rush was. Not successful.... I found myself becoming exhausted as I wrote about the long, boring, and tedious process of being ripped apart by real life Barbie dolls. I deleted that draft.


Then I tried to write about how much our alcohol education program stinks:


I am now sitting in my dorm room after four hours of sleep, and two hours of a nap.  After the long weekend of rushing for the nine sororities on campus I am exhausted. (By the way.... about a week later I am in AOPI!!!!)

Today, the learning communities went to a special live version of Alcohol Education. While we all suffered through countless hours of "alcohol edu" over the summer, we still have to deal with this live alcohol education program . ("Alcohol edu" is a mandatory program on the internet that focuses on educating freshmen about the evils of under age alcohol consumption.) Even after the two million hours it took to complete the LONGEST survey about drinking, the administrators still believe we must have a program condemning underage alcohol consumption.

Honestly, this "workshop" is a complete waste of precious time.  I only have 24 hours in a day. I only sleep for four of those 24 hours. Which means I only have 20 hours for what I need to do.  To put five of your brightest future educators in a room with people who only want to go to college to get drunk is a disaster.

So there we are. Five brilliant educators. Sitting in a room full of future drop-outs, learning about the alcohol we will never see in our lives, while the girls and guys who stagger home every night at three, or scream O-H for TWO HOURS STRAIGHT AT ANY PASSING ANIMAL, CAR, OR PERSON, play Majong..

Side bar : We go to the number two party school in America. Not only are we mad crazy about getting a little sloppy, but we are probably not going to listen to a computer program and what it has to say about drinking.


After completing this little blurb about the alcohol education program... my life got a little more interesting. I will not go into it now, because they are three very long stories. But I will post them very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment