Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Part III: Snake Bites - Emily

For those of you who are very confused about my use of a way to insert venom from a potentially deadly snake into a victim for a title might want to read the next paragraph. Those of you who understand when I use "snake bites" I do not mean the puncture wounds snakes leave when they bite a victim, you may skip the following paragraph, and continue reading.  


According to the urban dictionary website, snake bites are "two piercings just under the bottom lip: one on the left side and one on the right. They can be studs or rings, or even a combination of both. They are called snake bites as a snakes fangs puncture two holes next to each other, ie. the two holes through the skin under the lip next to each other. Snake bites used to mean two piercings next to each other anywhere on the body, but are now more recognized as the lip type as these seem to be the most popular."  


Before you ask; Yes, I just used urban dictionary as a credible source, and yes, I realize the passage is extremely grammatically incorrect.  Yes, I am dying to change it. No, I won't, no matter how many phone calls/posts/texts/messages I get.


So, back to the point. I am talking about snake bites because Aidan has snake bites. Aidan, now one of my friends, was sitting next door one day when I walked in freaking out about needing to look rather promiscuous for a social.  And there he was. (You need a visual here)


This man is about 6 feet and 2 inches of a punk rocker's dream.  He has muscles on his muscles, several piercings, and several tattoos in places which make me drool.  He wears tight shirts, tight pants, and a motorcycle. He has dirty blonde hair always hidden below a hat. He also has snake bites. It was so difficult to watch him click the hoops against his own teeth, when I knew his lips were a beautiful sensory experience waiting to happen.


And they were. 


A week later, Aidan texted me.  We had a light conversation about how life was and how midterms went.  I enjoyed the conversation. (I jumped about fifty feet in the air when I received the message...) We continued to talk throughout the day and he came over to hang out.  When we "hung out" we just really laid on my bed and hit each other for about a half an hour.  We decided we would see each other soon. 


Little did I know soon was about five hours later.


Five hours after we laid on my bed and hit each other for a half an hour, I received yet another text message from Aidan. In this text message, he basically invited himself over to watch How to Train a Dragon.  I guess I could say it was a good movie. But then I'd be lying. I could also say it was the worst movie ever made. And I'd still be lying. So I'll just say The first five minutes of the movie were very good. 


The night was very fun. I guess the irony of the night was the fact that Aidan regretted bringing our friendship to the next level, when he initiated the expansion of our relationship.  I guess the irony is that he's in love with another girl, a girl with a boyfriend, an abusive boyfriend.  I guess the irony of the next morning was the fact that he just wanted to be friends after we expanded our relationship above friendship. 


I guess the irony is that there is no irony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment