Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I've Learned - Emily

While Bri is already home and working, I am still stuck in Athens, Ohio listening to a mix of Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles. I have officially packed everything up into boxes and bags, and cleaned everything but my desktop. I have no idea how the year went by so fast. Guys. I'm a one hour final away from finishing my freshman year. This is crazy.


Because I am the queen of lists, I guess I should write one more list before I sign off of nightlife. (And maybe start my own blog?)

These are the things I've learned as a freshman in college:

1. Princess bandaids fix everything.
2. If you walk into the bathroom barefoot... you might get cake on your feet.
3. One completely unexpected person will change your life.
4. Focus on one thing, conquer it, and refocus.
5. You will sleep through a very important alarm when it is three inches from your face if you are exhausted enough.
6. Do not go shopping at the market on your period.
7. Command hooks do not come off of anything without a fight.
8. Life can change in an instant.
9. Hard work will always pay off.
10. Dining hall food sucks the last two weeks of school.
11. Though people make fun of freshmen, they would give anything to be one again.
12. You will miss your family more than you think.
13. It is best to sip mixed drinks. Guzzling = Bad life choice.
14. Strange things will no longer shock you.


I'm starting to get a bit sentimental, so I'm going to stop the list at 14. Have a wonderful summer. 

2 comments:

  1. What have I learned? That I'm glad I know you :) Skype this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree with number six. Oh so many times I've come back from the market with little debbie blood clots waiting to happen.
    I enjoyed reading your blog this year! See you around, whether it be in Athens or Shaker
    -allie

    ReplyDelete